Old June 21st 05, 05:59 PM
John Smith

Dave:

Ohhh, younger is much better, means you will still have hams left when
the old ones are SK (i.e., not still moving about above ground.)

.... also, it will bring a breath of fresh air to the hobby--anyone on
the bands know we suffer an overload of people older than 40 and need
some new blood...

John

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
ink.net...
John Smith wrote:
I suppose everyone has something to say...

...and our problem is to determine whether it is worth listening.

We are experiencing a time in our history where people are living a
lot longer than they ever used to--and in better health.

This is causing a problem in how to get them moved aside so younger
and more capable minds can grab the reins.

"Younger" doesn't necessarily mean an improvement. Then you need to
define "more capable". You need to explain why younger and older
can't co-exist.

However, those grizzled old hands hands have a death-grip while the
buggy heads for the cliff...

Your agenda is given away when you use terms like "grizzled old"
(maybe you meant "grizzled, old") and "death-grip".

Finally, you'll have to establish as fact that there is a buggy and
that it is heading for a cliff.

Dave K8MN