Old June 21st 05, 09:02 PM
Mike Coslo

John Smith wrote:
Jim:

I just took it for granted that everyone experienced life a lot like me.
Remember when your were 21? And how back then 50 year old people looked
like they had one foot in the grave? How 60 year old people looked as
if they were preserved in formaldehyde? And, were just about as
interesting to chat with as window drapes?

Aha! John, you have an age thing going on here. When I was a young 'un
I did indeed notice that my elders looked different than me. They looked
bigger than me too. But other than that, it was no big deal. And they
definitely were not uninteresting. My Grandfather got me started in
electronics, giving me old car radios, power supplies, and showing me
how to fix them. Great memories, that. Not a trace of the dreary picture
you paint of older people.

A bad path to go on, John. Lord willing and the crick don't rise, you
will be ancient some day. I hear despite the drawbacks, it sure beats
the alternative.

Now that you are old--suddenly you got blind?

I am 55 and people even 65 are about as interesting as rocks--there is
that kind of difference which occurred in the 60's and has been
occurring ever since.

You must be either pre-judging these older folk, or hanging out with
the wrong crowd! ;^)

- Mike KB3EIA -