Old June 21st 05, 08:22 PM
Robert J Carpenter

Default The future of shortwave?

wrote in message
Now that we've (once again) established that shortwave is dead,

let's

collectively
hallucinating as we tune around the shortwave bands.

There are two kinds of dead:

1) Doesn't make economic sense to broadcast (David's definition).

2) Doesn't exist (your definition)

Plenty of sw broadcasters do not depend on economic return. They
either have a "mission" themselves, sell time to someone with a
"mission", or are supported by a government (with a mission). It's no
longer like 1940 when you could hear US baseball games in Spanish,
sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive, on shortwave.