Old June 22nd 05, 05:27 AM
Richard Harrison

Roy, W7EL wrote:
"What conclusions could we draw from that information?"

My comment is a little off topic as it is not about measuring soil
constants. It is only an opinion that the FCC`s decisions regarding a
standard grounding system for medium wave broadcast stations worked out
very well. 120 redials each about 1/4-wavelength seems to work well
whether soil is good or bad.

In summer or winter, if the ground cracks open from drought or is
covered with a foot or more of floodwater, the tower currents and field
strengths hardly change at all. Directional patterns are unaffected.
Amazing and well done!

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI