Old June 22nd 05, 12:02 PM
Ham op

Some of us simply don't want to use electronic logs!!!

Ron wrote:

Yes QSLing for domestic contests is better than DX but 41 % is still
pretty poor considering the electronic log issue.

KØHB wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message

What is even worse is the rate of return for contest QSO's via
Logbook of the World which is free and almost effortless if one has a
computer log which contester's usually have.

My experience is just the opposite. I have just over 30,000 QSO's
uploaded to LoTW. My overall hit rate is 13%, but if I examine
contest weekend dates only, my hit rate is 24%. If I narrow the seach
to just domestic contest weekends (SS, NAQP, state QSO parties), the
hit rate is 41%. That tells me that contesters are far more involved
in LoTW than is typical of the overall ham community.

73, de Hans, K0HB