Old June 23rd 05, 12:35 AM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:24:39 -0700, "Caveat Lector"
wrote:

I forgot to mention I tip the QSL managers both US and DX.

Me too.

QSL Managers and DXpeditions can use a little more than postage for printing
up cards
And some have a slush fund to place postage on SAE or QSLs they receive with
no or insufficient postage.

Some QSL managers save the QSL cards with no return postage and periodically
dump them into the Bureau, can take a year or two to get back. So include
proper return postage if you don't want to wait for the burro.

I also tip the rare USA states to help with postage and QSL printing costs

What is a rare USA State ?
See URL:
http://www.qrz.com/i/census.html?

Example Wyoming has 1614 total hams -- subtract out the inactive and
non-HFers and u have very few WY on the HF bands.

Imagine the situation on vhf. Back when I was trying to work W7VEW,
the only guy on meteor scatter on 2M in WY I was sending him equipment
to help him improve his station. Finally got him after months of
trying.