Old June 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Dear Brian,

I too own a Wellbrook ALA 330S. With this antenna or the ALA 1530 I
advocate reading and carefully following the instructions TO THE LETTER
with ONE (and this ONE ONLY) exception: pay no attention to the
"placement" recommendations. Yes, mounting the antenna outdoors well
away from a building (and its associated electrical noise) is "ideal;"
in actual practice mounting location is not at all critical.

You can mount this antenna anywhere you like - choose the place that is
most convenient and practical for you. (Obviously you don't want to
DELIBERATELY mount it near a particularly "noisy" electrical source if
there are other choices.)

I have mine mounted in my attic on a Radio Shack rotator. There it's
protected from the weather and let me tell you - it functions better
than any antenna with which I've had experience, going back over forty
years, and that includes outdoor antennas 100-feet long and longer!

Just pick a place, or even experiment until you find the location you
like. I wish you the very best of luck with your new antenna. I think
you'll love it!

Joe