Old January 19th 04, 02:25 PM

"-Rev Jones" wrote in message ...
Why so many people go straight to FA with stuff ?

-RP Jones

.......On line auctions allow hams located in remote areas to see, by
way of pictures, used equipment that they would never be able to reach
otherwise. Auction feedback provides the buyer with protection the he
does not get at hamfest or other postings..I have never been "porked"
with an auction purchase ..But, that is a common occurance at hamfests
,estate sales , and many one on one trades via trade websites..I do
not push my auctions on the user groups. I don`t enjoy seeing all that
FA stuff on swap sites....W4PQW