Old June 24th 05, 07:40 AM
Telamon

Default The future of shortwave?

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

wrote in message ...
I guess this guy has never been to a less developed country where
SW is the only radio you can receive

I guess not. Hell, I live right here in NYC and at night the
shortwave bands are bursting at the seams.

And very little of it is of relevance to rural residents in the Third
World, such as Latin America. Which is why it is almost as difficult
to find an SW receiver at retail there as it is in the USA.

Your view is just to extreme. There is plenty on SW of relevance to
people in central and south America. How can world events not be?

You might want to reevaluate your attitude as it is downright dour.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California