Old June 24th 05, 11:13 PM
Chuck Olson

"larry" wrote in message
Greetings

A gentleman on another group.. is telling me that he wants to put up an
offset dipole antenna and feed it with a balum.. He is a new amateur and I
can tell he does't have much antenna knowledge...

He is being advise to use an offset antenna wich in my mind isn't the best
answer to his problem....

Does anyone know of a website that describes the offset antenna better

than
I can....

Larry ve3fxq

Hi, Larry,

An off-center fed antenna doesn't necessarily produce unbalanced feeder
currents - - just a different feeding impedance level, which he will no
doubt take care of with a tuner or a 4:1 ratio in the balun if single band
use is all he wants and he can find the right spot for the feeder. Of course
the balun takes care of any unbalance that might be due to the feeder
not making a 90 degree angle with the antenna. There's nothing wrong
with his idea.

I just typed it balum, too, so don't be concerned - - we all make typos.

73, Chuck W6PKP