Old June 25th 05, 08:56 AM
Reg Edwards

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:42:31 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

Richard, KB7QHC, will spin off at a tangent into Shakesperian

verse.

Hi Reg,

Let's draw a chord between 3 soil samples to see how fruitless

knowing
"How to measure soil constants at HF" really is:

You are in farm country where the annual rainfall is 835mm. Where

the
mean temperature is 12.8°C. Where the soil is 20% sand, 65% silt,

and
15% clay.

What is the Conductivity in the 80M band?

You are in farm country where the annual rainfall is 360mm. Where

the
mean temperature is 4.9°C. Where the soil is 65% sand, 20% silt,

and
15% clay.

What is the Conductivity in the 80M band?

You are in farm country where the annual rainfall is 790mm. Where

the
mean temperature is 6.9°C. Where the soil is 31% sand, 33% silt,

and
36% clay.

What is the Conductivity in the 80M band?

OR

We return to our regularly scheduled "More Les Dames d'Escoffier
Recipes with your host Punchinello." Today we discuss packing

coaxial
tubes with meringue to measure propagation delay for custards.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

====================================

I don't know. And neither do you or anybody else.

If you DID know you would not have the foggiest idea what to do with
the data anyway. I might!

Havn't I recently said the uncertainty in ascertaining soil
characteristics is in the order of 30 to 40 percent and not worth
arguing or making yourself appear ridiculous about.

There's missing data. You forgot the iron oxide content and soil
permeability.
----
Punchinello.