Old June 25th 05, 08:50 PM

Default The future of shortwave?

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message ...
I guess this guy has never been to a less developed country where SW is
the only radio you can receive

I guess not. Hell, I live right here in NYC and at night the shortwave
bands are bursting at the seams.

And very little of it is of relevance to rural residents in the Third World,
such as Latin America. Which is why it is almost as difficult to find an SW
receiver at retail there as it is in the USA.

A shortwave broadcast is "relevant" to anyone who's interested in
listening to it, regardless of culture. It might be hard to find SW
receivers, but it sure isn't hard to find stuff on shortwave. Like I
said, at night the bands are bursting at the seams.

Steve