Old January 21st 04, 02:37 AM
Gary Schafer

Gil,

You don't need to disconnect any voltages to neutralize the finals.
You can easily check to see if you have it properly neutralized by
doing what I said in my last post.

Tune up as normal. Then watch your plate current while you turn the
plate tuning control back and forth. You should get maximum power out
at exactly the minimum plate current. (plate current dip) If these two
things do not occur at the same point then adjust the neutralizing
capacitor slightly and check again. It is not hard to do.
This method is much easier than disconnecting voltages.

By the way do this on the 10 meter band.

73
Gary K4FMX

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:17:32 GMT, "gil"
wrote:

Yes, The 101E uses 6JS6s, not 6146s, but I get the point.
I guess what I should be looking for is to get the minimum RF out by turning
the cap and finding the spot right about the middle...that's where I have it
set now and seems to work real smooth.

Thanks all for the help!

Gil

Remove NOSPAM to reply

"gil" wrote in message
link.net...
Just recently got a Yaesu ft-101e that needed some alignment and the only
thing I cant seem to get "accurate" is the neutralization, the best I can

do
is to rotate the adjustable plate capacitor till I get the lowest output
reading on the power meter, which range from 50 to 80 watts depending on

the
band and it seems to put out a clean signal this way.
Trying to get a higher output reading only sends the finals into

oscillation
with lots of hum and a somewhat "dirty" signal.
Am I on the right trak here or should I do something different?
Any info appreciated....thanks

Gil n2wjw
--
Remove NOSPAM to reply