Old June 26th 05, 01:45 AM
David Eduardo

wrote in message ...

David Eduardo wrote:

Very little of interst to rural residents in Latin America can be found
on
SW. First, such folk are generally only Spanish or indigenous language
speakers (such as the Quechua and Aymar=E1 and Guaran=ED speakers of the
=

Andean
zone and Paraguay. Second, rural residents are very poor, wtih annual
incomes of less than $600 on the average, where a SW receiver is
generally
not an option.

They might have one radio per village, or something. I remember seeing
pictures
of rural folks all gathered around the radio, listening. But that was
years ago, though...

I never saw that in Latin America. And I built my first station there 41
years ago. In the last 3 decades, AM FM receivers have been prevalent and
cheap: nearly everyone has one. AM & FM networking on a national level
brings good local signals to nearly all of Latin America, with no need for
SW, which is now a curiosity.