Old June 26th 05, 09:51 PM
Charlie

Those trees have withstood every storm the past 30+ years.....

Any tower can be blown down no matter what ..just let mother nature have her
way.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

"Dave" wrote in message
they may be forgiven, but that won't keep a tower in the air nor make it
safer to climb. those sins are things you should seriously look at
correcting as they all affect the strength and safety of your investment
as well as anyone working on it or playing near it.

"Charlie" wrote in message
Thank you all very much for your kindness and courtesy in responding to
my post.
Typically those that berate others have significant problems with self
esteem.

Oh..as for those "sins"...mine are already forgiven.
--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

"Joe S." wrote in message

"Charlie" wrote in message
75 ft guyed tower with 21 foot mast. 2M M2 HO LOOP antenna at 95 ft.
M2
2M9SSB beam antenna at 90 ft.
The difference from antennas at around 30 ft to the same antennas at
90-95
ft is astonishing. Anyone considering raising their antennas should
"just
do it"

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/tower.html

I am founder and net control for the Deep South 2 Meter SSB Net located
in
Union,Mississippi. Come join us 7 nights a week at 8:30PM CDT on
144.240
MHz
USB. We have 10-15 or more check-ins nightly with 38 on our All Time
Total
Roster and nearly 25 on our Active Roster! The net has grown from
it's
first Roll Call on April 8,2005 at an amazing rate.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Do I understand that the guy wires terminate to trees? Is that a
permanent
arrangement?

--

-----