Old June 26th 05, 09:57 PM
N9OGL

Then why don't you direct your question TO the FCC, rather than
spinning your wheels in here?

The problem is that many amateur radio operators don't realize that
there are rules that are outside Part 97 that effects amateur radio.
Section 326 is one of them.

Sec. 326. Censorship

Nothing in this chapter shall be understood or construed to give
the
Commission the power of censorship over the radio communications or
signals transmitted by any radio station, and no regulation or
condition
shall be promulgated or fixed by the Commission which shall interfere
with the right of free speech by means of radio communication.

(June 19, 1934, ch. 652, title III, Sec. 326, 48 Stat. 1091; June 25,
1948, ch. 645, Sec. 21, 62 Stat. 862.)

Amendments

1948--Act June 25, 1948, repealed last sentence relating to use of
indecent language. See section 1464 of Title 18, Crimes and Criminal
Procedure.

But you again continue to insist that just because YOU think it's
pertinent, the FCC might not have other ideas.

The FCC just cannot change the rules without a public notice, no matter
if you like it or not it has always been up to the control operator to
decied what is transmitted over his station, no some moron recieving
station. if you think that then you are thinking of broadcast stations.

And I look forward with glee to the day we see YOUR name on one of
these...Better hurry up and get that college degree, Todd! You'll be
needing the extra income!

doubtful, my station is legal, I don't interfere, I don't have any
pencuniary Interest, and my programming deals with amateur radio issues
(radio, electronic, rules and regulations, and computers).