Old January 23rd 04, 10:20 AM

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 03:41:42 UTC, "Phil Nelson"
wrote:

This is almost too dumb to mention, but after years of struggling to prop up
heavy chassis on my workbench, it finally occurred to me to screw some heavy
corner braces into the chassis mounting holes. Doh! This is especially handy
with this particular chassis, which is narrow and heavy. If you put braces
on all four corners, you can even turn the chassis upside down without
crunching original components.

http://antiqueradio.org/art/temp/chassisholder.jpg

Regards,

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Very nice Phil,

Here's more to consider. 10 years ago, I saw a rig at a local
small PC shop that was a lazy susan with a rack mounted on it that
held a PC on it's side.

There was a lot to it, storage bins, power strip, etc. Seems to
me that a single vertical brace with a slot in it would hold almost
any radio on its side.

If the brace were tied to a piece of plywood on a lazy susan and
there were hangers for wires as well as mounts for a DVM and scope,
that would make an ergonomic radio work area.

de ah6gi/4