Old June 27th 05, 09:34 PM
W8JI

I left out the word "current". My balun is a proper current balun as
it
meets the formal definition, which is that it maintains currents at the

output terminals that are equal in magnitude and opposite in phase
regardless of potentials at the output terminals with respect to the
ground
connection on the unbalanced side. You can find this definition in
less
strict form in the ARRL handbook, such as 1991 pages 16.8-16.9.

I agree.It just isn't a transmission line balun, nor an optimum design
for most applications.

The single core Guanella 4:1 current balun meets this definition
but
only for floating loads. Anything other than that and the two
transformers
need to be on separate cores.

I agree again. That's what I've been saying all along.

There we have it. Problem solved except for calling transmission lines
transformers, and transformers transmission lines.

73 Tom