Old June 27th 05, 05:21 PM
G.T. Tyson

Default How does this station make money (stations do *have* to ... don't

wrote:
Live in San Diego and just came across an AM station that runs very,
very, VERY few ads. (I guess you'd call it a Great American Song Book
station: 1/2 Sinatra, the rest varied but similar genre.) Freq is 540,
and I think it has a sister station, 1260.

What are the economics of this station. I don't see how it survives.
Obviously, I am missing a lot -- am not familiar with the broadcasting
world at all -- so can someone please clue me in.

Christopher A. Steele

dunno about the 540 signal but the 1260 signal is owned by Bob Newhart,
the actor

GTT