Old June 28th 05, 12:39 AM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:

From: "bb" on Wed 8 Jun 2005 15:50

K4YZ wrote:
QUOTE from Chief Army MARS:

MARS has grown in all of the services throughout the world. It relies
on civilian and military MARS members to be available in case of
emergency or disaster to provide communications support. At such times,
MARS needs all of the support it can provide. Amateur Radio,
collectively with MARS, has made its mark in American history. Each
year provides new evidence of the important role it plays in the
service of the nation.

UNQUOTE

Since Lennie only believes that "reality" springs from URL's, he
can go to:

http://www.asc.army.mil/mars/history.htm

Been there, done that.

Obviously you didn't pay attention.

Yet you were the one who could not be bothered with MARS information
after that fateful day when you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS
Amateur Radio!"

Hi, hi!

And you wonder why no one believes you when you claimed to be "A" NCOIC
of MARS/Okinawa.

Been to Fort Huachuca, too, (Hq Army MARS, off to one side of
the Military Intelligence School).

They've been trying to get the smell out ever since, too.

Hi! Awesome! Great comeback! Good one! Attaboy! You go, Steve!

...to get it from the horse's mouth.

Stebie got the wrong end of his "horse" again. Tsk, tsk.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

You're calling the Chief of MARS as a horses' patoot, Lennie?

You didn't bother to read the rest of the site?

He should have made some kind of remarks about the Buffalo
Soldiers. Fort Huachuca is the original home of them.

Was that in ChiefMARS comments? I missed it.

Buffalo Soldiers no use Signal Company?

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Poor Stebie, even more brain-dead than Jim Hampton surmised.

Jim is a very polite fellow.

All the fuss and furor over MARS was already done when Stebie's
famous statement ["Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio"]
was made. Stebie is trying to misdirect by pointing a finger
at "my error." Poor guy doesn't realize that when he points
his finger, four other fingers are pointing at HIM!

I don't point a finger, Lennie.

Battlefield injury?

And it is "your error"...Proven with the comments of ChiefMARS.

Silly Gunny, no one disputes what the Chief of Army MARS has stated.
They only dispute what you claimed, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur
Radio." Hi! Hi, hi!!!

Heh heh heh. Stebie CUTS AND PASTES from the government web
sites! [he didn't used to like that!] However, the "statement
of mission" is just worded in glorious self-illumination typical
to ALL unit or political organization statements.

NOW I SEE!

When LENNIE can quote from a website that supposedly substantiates
his "position", it's "absolute truth".

When it lands on his head, it's "glorious self-illumination"...

Uh huh...Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Only a couple weeks ago you were citing from the same sources...

He just said that you protested. Did you not protest?

(It's OK. Say anything you want. We've got the truth meter calibrated
to "Robeson" so the coil won't smoke and the needle won't get bent.)

No "glorious self-illumination" comments then, eh, Lennie....?!?!

The Chief's comments didn't do quite what you wanted them to do.

Too bad for Steve.

Stebie wants
to take all of those absolutely LITERALLY like a good little
soldier. Such shining lights will reflect off the medals he
bought for himself at www.grunt.com or similar. He likes to
soak in that light and pretend being the big hero.

Nope..."Pretend(ing) to be the big hero" is your schtick, Lennie...

Hi! Len doesn't have his chest puffed out on QRZ.

Like all those posts where you pretend to have been "somebody" by
having been in a unit that had KIA's a few years earlier...Years that
you weren't even in the service...

Of course, there were people who didn't serve at all in here telling us
what is important.

MARS is doing an okay job for the military. Keeps civilians
occupied through their volunteerism and the military hopes
that will reflect good will towards the military. MARS *was*
good back in the Vietnam War era for phone patches to folks
back home. But...that was THIRTY YEARS AGO! [Vietnam War
ended for the USA in 1975] The U.S. Army even made that direct
statement on the Army's Center for Military History.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...even MORE enlightenment...

Again you cite things that were "THIRTY YEARS AGO", but not what's
happening "TODAY"...

And today, "MARS IS Amateur Radio!" Hi! How things have
changed.

Of course you ALSO cite what happened at "ADA" in the 50's as if it
happened yesterday, but then attempt to chide Amateurs for discussing
what happened SIX years ago.

All Jim's postings about amateur radio in WWII cracks me up, too.

Obvious.

MARS is a part of SHARES...(SNIP)

Yep.

And that doesn't detract ONE BIT from the TITLE of the
thread...Actually, it ADDS to it.

Actually, I shortened it.

Does the U.S. military need ham-assisted phone patches now?

Is "ham-assisted phone patches" ALL that the Armed Forces expects
from MARS...?!?!

Nope.

And Lennie wouldn't know that, considering his experience level in
MARS and/or Amateur Radio.

Be specific (if you can).

MARS was never designed/implemented/devised to be a PART of
mainstream military communications. It isn't now.

Nope. It wasn't. Who here said it was? I sure didn't.

Right. You just make stoopid assertions, such as "Sorry Hans, MARS
IS Amateur Radio!" because you don't know dink about MARS, your claims to having been "A" NCOIC MARS/Okinawa notwithstanding.

All of the above I wrote today has been written by me in here
before. Apparently Stebie is way too selective in what he
looks for on Google searching.

Nope.

What I point out is that you denigrate and deny the services and
achievements of MARS and Amateur Radio services alike.

You denigrate other amateurs. You insult real MARS members with your
stoopid assertions.

ChiefMARS has to answer to higher-ups in the "MILITARY" chain of
command.

Duh.

[Stebie is now going to compose a "YOU LIE, YOU LIE!" message]

I don't need to yell them out, Lennie. Your mistruths are usually
glaring enough to stand out on their own...

Your are obvious. Obviously wrong about a lot of things.

LenStillDoesn'tKnowAthingAboutMARSorAmateurRadioAn

Putz.

Steve, K4YZ

SteveStillDoesn'tKnowDinkAboutMARSorAmateurRadioK4