Old June 28th 05, 12:03 AM
Charlie

G.T. Tyson wrote:
wrote:

Live in San Diego and just came across an AM station that runs very,
very, VERY few ads. (I guess you'd call it a Great American Song Book
station: 1/2 Sinatra, the rest varied but similar genre.) Freq is 540,
and I think it has a sister station, 1260.

What are the economics of this station. I don't see how it survives.
Obviously, I am missing a lot -- am not familiar with the broadcasting
world at all -- so can someone please clue me in.

Christopher A. Steele

dunno about the 540 signal but the 1260 signal is owned by Bob Newhart,
the actor

GTT

FCC records disagree with you. 1260 (KSUR) is owned by Mt. Wilson FM
Broadcasters which is owned by the Levine Family Trust.
Mr. Newhart is not mentioned anywhere in their "ownership report" as
filed with the FCC.
Sorry.

Charlie, the old engineer

--
To respond by Email remove never- from address