Old June 28th 05, 07:55 AM
Gorm Helt-Hansen

It is ground mounted with 24 buried radials. I have tried with extra
radials cut for 50 MHz. If I make a short over the 18 MHz coil the 48
MHz resonance disappears and the SWR on 50 MHz is perfect. But it
don't work if I detune the coil, short some of the turns or remove the
capacity hat.
I have read on some newsgroups that other have had the same problem,
but I have never seen if they have solved it.

Gorm.

Richard Clark wrote in message . ..
On 27 Jun 2005 00:37:35 -0700, (Gorm
Helt-Hansen) wrote:

My Butternut HF9V has an unwanted resonance on about 48 MHz with the
result that the SWR on 50 MHz is not good.
Does anyone have a method to remove this resonance, so the 50 MHz SWR
can be good??

Hi Gorm,

Is this ground mounted, or mast mounted? Presuming mast mounted, did
you use the suggested radial kit or counterpoise kit? Are they
mounted at the suggested location? Adjusting the length of the 6M
band radial should do it.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC