Old January 26th 04, 11:23 AM
Simon

Default Comprehensive list of tube base types?

Hi

I wonder if anyone can point me to a web site that has a comprehensive
set of definitions of tube base types showing the dimensions (pin
numbers, length, diameter etc) and their accepted abbreviation (eg
B9A, Ct8, B9B etc).

I have a number of tubes where I find difficulty with base type
specification, especially those of WWII European military origin. Some
examples of tubes where I don't know the base type include AF100,
RGN564, LD1, LD2, VT4C, RG12D60 (all have different bases). Oddly
enough specs, pin outs and even photos of individual tube types can be
found but many base names and their accepted abbreviations are hard to
find.

I have searched many of the well known tube web sites, but those with
base details only carry a few common types, so I would suggest that
anyone who can help replies to the list as this could be of interest
to others.

Thanks Simon