Old June 28th 05, 10:40 PM
Jim Hampton

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
What are the dates on the current valid tech question pool. my partner
has been looking at a license. Is the pool about to change etc?

If one knows theory and regulations and is not simply trying to memorize
Q&As, then there should be no problem. I let my tickets expire around 1981
and simply retook the exams in 1993 without any study. This included 20
word per minute CW (last copied in 1969). I regained my extra class license
(I believe I was down there nearly 3 hours) as well as my GROL (no 1st phone
anymore, unfortunately).

Just make sure your partner knows the basic rules of operating, the
different emission types, and the band limits and your partner should be
fine. One doesn't need to score 100% (nor even 80%, come to think of it).
Nothing very difficult on the tech exam.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA