Old June 29th 05, 12:20 AM
Troy Rowland

Where do you intend to go Chris? That will play a big part in what you can
hear.

Urban areas will be just like the U.S. Outback areas are serviced by HF and
satphone, so you won't hear a great deal.

Troy

Q wrote in message .. .
"Christopher O'Callaghan" wrote in news:d9n2va
:

Hi,

In a month i will be making a long trip to australia for a holiday.I of
course plan on bringing my Bearcat portable radio scanner.I just nned

know is it illegal for me to bring it with me on the plane?

Chris

Of course it's legal! Granted, once you get there, if you go into the
bush, it's gonna be deaf.

Took my AR8200 into the bush in 2001, (Flinder and Gawler ranges, SA) and
didn't get any comms, DUH!

I'd suggest bringing one of the new scanners with "near field" frequency
features. The pro 83 or pro 97 (in my stable) but don't know what steps
and bands are predominant in Oz.

Good luck!

Andy
http://tinyurl.com/bczgr