Old June 28th 05, 10:12 PM
David

On 28 Jun 2005 09:22:17 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Mark S. Holden wrote:
John S. wrote:
I had my first taste of XM radio reception via satellite this past
weekend and was less than impressed because it drops the signal around
tall buildings and tall trees. For the Grundig to not have xm
capability is no great loss based on my experience.

On a portable, you'd probably have less frequent dropouts than in a car
because odds are you'll put it down in one spot while you listen.

Of course if you pick a spot that can't see the satellite, you'll have
to move or listen to something else.

In fact we were in a car. The lost signals were so frequent that we
switched to regular radio, and found the music we were looking for.
They will have to stabilize reception and improve the selections before
paid satellite radio is of any interest to me.

Sirius generally works better than XM in cars away from repeaters.