Old June 29th 05, 01:34 AM
Mark S. Holden

matt weber wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:23:37 -0400, "Mark S. Holden"
wrote:

John S. wrote:

I had my first taste of XM radio reception via satellite this past
weekend and was less than impressed because it drops the signal around
tall buildings and tall trees. For the Grundig to not have xm
capability is no great loss based on my experience.

On a portable, you'd probably have less frequent dropouts than in a car
because odds are you'll put it down in one spot while you listen.

Of course if you pick a spot that can't see the satellite, you'll have
to move or listen to something else.

Actually untrue. In major cities, XM has repeaters in the city proper
because all sat based services have problems with urban canyons.

It is true if you're in an area that isn't served by a repeater.

In my neck of the woods, trees are more likely to be a problem than
buildings.

My wife loves the XM radio in her car. If it was in my car I'd be
trying to figure out how to improve the signal to avoid the dropouts.