Old January 27th 04, 04:13 AM
Mike Knudsen

In article , "HeavyMetal"
writes:

I replaced the caps but the rectifier tube is shorted. The tube is a
Raytheon glass tube with shoulders. Ther is no tube mumber on it except
'280' and 026' on thebottom next to the name.
Anyone have an idea of what tube they used for the mod?

That's a Type 80 tube. Go on rec.antiques.radio+phono and you will find
zillions of them, cheap. Or rewire an octal socket and use a 5Y3.

Check those pseudo-mica bypaass caps (pink) mounted along the side of the
chassis. They like to blow out, and take the screen resistor along for the
ride.
--Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.