Old June 29th 05, 05:32 PM
W8JI

just happened upon an App. note written by Philips
Semiconductors (ECO6907) titled "Design of HF wideband power
transformers" which states for both 4:1 and 9:1 transmission
line transformers that they CAN be wound on a single core if
desired for certain conditions (see sections 6.3, 6.4 and 6.6).
http://www.semiconductors.phil=ADips...i=ADcationnot=
..=2E.

73,
Larry, W0QE

Hi Larry,

Don't fall into the trap of swallowing out of context quotes by Trask.
That's an old tired game, and it only results in everyone chasing their
tails to argue about nothing.

1=2E) I very specifically excluded primary-secondary type transformers
from the single core current balun statement.

2=2E) I very specifically was speaking of a dual transmission line 1:1
balun Sevik described using two 1:1 transmission line current baluns on
one core.

If you can think of a way to build a transmission line balun that way
that is a current balun, please let us all know. No one has been able
to do it so far.

Calling a primary-secondary transformer a "transmission line" does not
count, so no "creative" ways to describe something following Lenz's
laws rather than TEM mode is necessary. Everyone already knows a
conventional primary secondary transformer will work.

73 Tom