Old September 4th 03, 11:52 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:

wrote:
That's what you get when you use the surge impedance and compute
surge rho. Try steady state impedance for steady state rho.

rho = (0-50)/(0+50) = -1 as expected

Heh, heh, the steady state impedances are V/I ratios which are results
incapable of causing anything. Your logic is a closed loop. The V/I ratios
cause the rho to be -1. Therefore, rho=-1 causes the appropriate V/I ratios.
Can you name any other result in reality that causes itself? Hint: Only
physical impedance discontinuities can cause reflections. Image impedances
are incapable of causing anything since they are an end result.

Was it not only a few days ago that there was agreement that

If it is acceptable to claim that sometimes there is no reflection
at an impedance discontinuity, then it must also be acceptable to
claim that sometimes there is a reflection where there is no
discontinuity.

?

....Keith