Old January 27th 04, 03:59 PM
Scott Dorsey

Simon wrote:

Thanks for coming back, but I am afraid that I didn't make my request
clear. I have all the data I need on the INDIVIDUAL tubes listed, but
what I was looking for is details of the dimensions and official
abbreviation of the base/holder types that they use.

For most American tubes, they are available in the RCA Tube Handbook.
Reprinted versions of these are available from Antique Electronics Supply.

eg I know that the base type for a 12AX7 is a B9A and that for say a
6V6 is base type IO, or an 80 is a UX4.

I am searching for the base type codes and the dimensions for all
smaller tube bases or holders, especially European types.

European ones are harder, but the Telefunken handbook is a big help, and
turns up used occasionally. Also there is a book called the "Electron
Tube Vade Mecum" which is extremely useful for European types.
--scott