Old June 30th 05, 12:26 AM
Matthew Emme

On 6/29/05 3:30 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

Michael Coslo wrote:
What is more important:

1. Having a license that allows HF access.

2. Not having to learn Morse code.

IOW, is standing on principle, and refusing to learn Morse code a better
thing than learning it to get the priveliges?

Waiting for the code test to go away to get HF privs kinda reminds me
of my old uncle who until the day he passed away ten or so years ago
was still waiting for his Pennsylvania Railroad stock go back up and
he'd make a wad.

- Mike KB3EIA -

w3rv

Oh come on people. 5 WPM is just not that hard to do. To keep on waiting
for it to go away and let this keep you from getting into the HF end of the
ham bands is just kind of silly IMO. Life is full of little inconveniences
and you should not let that get in the way of a something that you would
have a good time doing. Little kids can pick this up in a few months if
they want to.

Some of the most fun I have had on the ham bands has been using CW, and I am
not that good at it and I came to it kicking and screaming. It just took a
month or so of a little work.

OK, I will get of the soap box.

ME

KB0DER