Old June 30th 05, 02:15 AM
Roy Lewallen

james wrote:

Agreed that a rig cannot detect the difference between forward and
reflected power. If the reflection coeffiecient of the source is zero
then final stage of a transmiter will look purely resistive to any
power reflected by the load. Thereby that refelcted power is
dissapated as heat. Other reflection coefficients at the source will
yield lesser amounts of reflected power from the load as heat.

james

I've posted many, many times on this topic and have shown a number of
cases where the load is perfectly matched but the power dissipated in
the source resistor is less than or greater than the "reverse power",
clearly demonstrating that this concept is incorrect. There are several
examples at Food for thought.txt available at
http://eznec.com/misc/food_for_thought/.

Because I've posted so much on the topic I won't do it all again. But I
know at least one person on this newsgroup would be glad to have an
opportunity to express his views once again. I'll leave this discussion
to those who want to revisit it; I don't. But I do want to caution
readers that this view of "reflected power" is demonstrably incorrect.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL