Old June 30th 05, 05:18 AM
Tim Wescott

james wrote:

snip

*****

Agreed that a rig cannot detect the difference between forward and
reflected power. If the reflection coeffiecient of the source is zero
then final stage of a transmiter will look purely resistive to any
power reflected by the load. Thereby that refelcted power is
dissapated as heat. Other reflection coefficients at the source will
yield lesser amounts of reflected power from the load as heat.

james

So if I have a perfect voltage source in series with a 50 ohm resistor,
and I set the voltage source for 100Vrms (50W to the load, 50W to the
source resistor) and I leave the output terminals open (100% reflected
power) then the resistor will dissipate 100W? With no current flowing
through it?

Wow. I gotta review my basic electronics.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com