Old June 30th 05, 05:05 AM
gascoyne

Default Echolink access

Hi

I am new to amateur radio so I am having to get used to the new technology.
I use a Yaesu FT-8800E.

I can access local repeaters but nothing happens if I try to turn on
repeaters which are further afield.

I am also having problems turning on Echolinks. I have tried to use the
Echolink frequency 145.2875. I key the mic and type into the mic and nearly
always get a message saying the link does not exist. I have tried links
which have just been closed down so I know the node exists. I always type
in a # before the number but I wondered if there were any further settings I
needed to adjust.

I hope someone can help.

Mick