Old June 30th 05, 01:32 PM
Dan Richardson

Default Brown, Lewis & Epstein

There has been considerable discussion on the antenna news group
regarding ground systems for monopole antennas. Invariably, a
reference is made to a study prepared by Brown, Lewis, and Epstien
that was published in the proceedings of the IRE in 1937.
Unfortunately, many amateurs do not live near a major library or
university where they would be able to obtain a copy of this paper.

Therefore, I have placed on my web site a scanned copy of "Ground
Systems As A Factor In Antenna Efficiency" by G.H. Brown, R.F. Lewis
and J. Epstein which was publish by Institute of Radio Engineers in
June 1937. This scanned copy is identical in format as a copy I
obtained from the library.

Be advised that you need Adobe Reader for viewing. Additionally, this
is a rather large file (about 3MB).

You may view this document at:

http://users.adelphia.net/~k6mhe/BLE.html

73,