Old September 5th 03, 12:26 AM
Reg Edwards

is that paper on the web somewhere?? i figured it had to be something
with
computing powers that was getting mixed in here some how, i think that is
the only place you can end up with conjugates in transmission lines. so i
assume its not a simple 1 page derivation from basic root principles, it
must take a whole new language to express it.

=====================================

Yeah ! Trouble is nobody has yet dug up the ancient stone on which the
language is carved and translated.

There are too many unjustified * 's to make any sense out of thse recently
discovered hieroglyphics.

I am reminded of my old dear maths master, Mr Stevens. God had blessed him.
He was a rare survivor of the machine gun bullets, shrapnel, flame-throwers,
and chlorine-gas breathed in without a gas mask while hanging on the barbed
wire in no-man's land between the trenches, Shell-fire-Corner, Ypres,
Belgium, 1917. He spoke in a hoarse whisper and I always sat in the front
row of desks in his classes so I could better hear him. He kept people
awake at the back of the class by throwing missiles - sticks of chalk of
which he was amply stocked.

He referred to Factorial(x) = x! = x Exclamation mark, as "x By Jove" and so
endowed on me a lifelong love of the beauty of mathematics. He also taught
History in similar vein.
---
Reg.