Old July 1st 05, 01:23 AM
Dan/W4NTI

Speaking of AC plugs Lennie the loser....how about doing us all a favor and
show your "eeee" competence at a level we all know you are at? Stick your
index finger and the little finger into the AC plug and write us a technical
report on the results.

Putz.

Dan/W4NTI

oups.com...
From: Michael Coslo on Thurs 30 Jun 2005 08:19

Kim wrote:

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

What is more important:

1. Having a license that allows HF access.

2. Not having to learn Morse code.

IOW, is standing on principle, and refusing to learn Morse code a better
thing than learning it to get the priveliges?

I think you know I don't "hate" Morse Code. I, personally, never really
wished to try it out; just like I have never really tried SCTV, anything
digital (except for APRS--if that can be considered digital), ATV, etc.
think you get my point. Since I have ever first perused this newsgroup,
except for a few real jerks, I'd believe that most of "us" who just
don't
wander into other means of communication--including Morse Code--are
pretty
much the same as I am. I absolutely support those who use the mode (as
I do
anyone who uses and/or invents any other modes), am willing to honor the
tradition of Morse Code (as I honor the tradition of other steadfast
things
in amateur radio), and hold no animosity for anyone--OTHER than the
"idiots"
on both sides of the floor (as it would be stated in political terms
).

For me, it was never a matter of wanting HF privileges that much, and I
learned the 5wpm needed to get the privileges I was happy with. So,
could
you do me a favor? Please rethink your phrase "Morse Code Haters." I
don't
think most of us feel that strongly about it.

Yeah, "haters" was the wrong choice of word in retrospect.

No, it wasn't "wrong." It got exactly what you wanted to get
in here...more polarization on a topic already rife with
polarized "opinions" and personal pontifications.

It is no different than the self-ascribed "representative" of ALL
radio amateurs saying a challenger "hates ham radio" when all the
challenger did was dislike the opinion of the "representative."

The hobby activity of amateur radio is supposedly about personal
recreation of the hobbyist (which includes personal daydreams of
being in a "service to the nation"...if the daydreamer is a bit
over the edge). That means they get the OPTION of doing anything
they want as allowed by the FCC.

Ya know what? The FCC has long since abandoned any necessity of
hams being required by law to show evidence of "CW" contacts in
a year's time! [How about that...and...Sunnuvagun!] Every
single allocated mode is perfectly optional to use at the
licensee's OPTION!

Isn't that "terrible!" OPTION! Why, with all the nastywords
and implied impropriety of all those who do not choose the
beloved, honored, revered, treasured, adored "CW," all those
who don't bother with "CW" ought to turn in their ham licenses
and make public apologies for not "holding tradition!"

But, the olde-fahrts still shout and holler for "tradition"
and demands to keep the test for "CW" that is adored, treasured,
revered, honored, beloved, etc., because "that is how it should
be!" [in their tight little fantasy world] Every ham, according
to those olde-fahrt wunderkinder of long-ago days, MUST do good
morsemanship! :-)

One MUST "show dedication, etc., to the 'amateur community'" by
doing as all those olde-fahrts DEMAND. ["it is only right" cry
the olde-fahrts] They think they "rule." No problem. Well,
one problem...no forwarding address to send all that "dedication
and committment" to the "community" as required by the unwritten
law...

Meanwhile, the newcomers (who don't seem to count to the olde-
fahrts or the league of distinguished, nearly extinguished
gentlemen of Newington) are getting IN to amateur radio through
the NO-CODE-TEST class. Many more than are "flocking" to the
"CW faithful" churches of the lesser-day saints of "CW." They
take the OPTIONS available by law. Nearly half of all ham
licensees by now...

Option is no failure.

Continue to shun AC and keep the polarization going. Ask them
pre-loaded questions.