Old July 1st 05, 01:25 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Kim wrote:

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message

What is more important:

1. Having a license that allows HF access.

2. Not having to learn Morse code.

IOW, is standing on principle, and refusing to learn Morse code a better
thing than learning it to get the priveliges?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Hi Mike:

I think you know I don't "hate" Morse Code. I, personally, never really
wished to try it out; just like I have never really tried SCTV, anything
digital (except for APRS--if that can be considered digital), ATV, etc.
think you get my point. Since I have ever first perused this newsgroup,
except for a few real jerks, I'd believe that most of "us" who just
don't
wander into other means of communication--including Morse Code--are
pretty
much the same as I am. I absolutely support those who use the mode (as
I do
anyone who uses and/or invents any other modes), am willing to honor the
tradition of Morse Code (as I honor the tradition of other steadfast
things
in amateur radio), and hold no animosity for anyone--OTHER than the
"idiots"
on both sides of the floor (as it would be stated in political terms
).

For me, it was never a matter of wanting HF privileges that much, and I
learned the 5wpm needed to get the privileges I was happy with. So,
could
you do me a favor? Please rethink your phrase "Morse Code Haters." I
don't
think most of us feel that strongly about it.

Yeah, "haters" was the wrong choice of word in retrospect.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Besides that, Kim, you did what people like myself and Mike and so many
others advocate. That is you took the testing in place at the time that
was required for the privileges that you wanted. You didn't sit on your
hands and wait for the testing procedure to change.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Yes she did....then proceeded to show us how ignorant she was/is.

Proof positive of the dumbing down of Amateur Radio....IMHO.

Dan/W4NTI