Old July 1st 05, 01:27 AM
John Smith

Dan:

Now I ask you, "What boob would use SSTV?"

A webcam on a computer, compressing and digitizing the video and then
converting to an audio signal and finally delivering it to a
transceiver, to be picked up and decoded at the other end and fed to a
soundcard/computer monitor produces a MUCH clearer sharper and more
fps... SSTV is for dinosaurs!!!

Wake up, it is already 2005!

John

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Kim" wrote in message
m...
"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
What is more important:

1. Having a license that allows HF access.

2. Not having to learn Morse code.

IOW, is standing on principle, and refusing to learn Morse code a
better
thing than learning it to get the priveliges?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Hi Mike:

I think you know I don't "hate" Morse Code. I, personally, never
really
wished to try it out; just like I have never really tried SCTV,
anything
digital (except for APRS--if that can be considered digital), ATV,
etc. I
think you get my point. Since I have ever first perused this
newsgroup,
except for a few real jerks, I'd believe that most of "us" who just
don't
wander into other means of communication--including Morse Code--are
pretty
much the same as I am. I absolutely support those who use the mode
(as I do
anyone who uses and/or invents any other modes), am willing to
honor the
tradition of Morse Code (as I honor the tradition of other
steadfast things
in amateur radio), and hold no animosity for anyone--OTHER than the
"idiots"
on both sides of the floor (as it would be stated in political
terms ).

For me, it was never a matter of wanting HF privileges that much,
and I
learned the 5wpm needed to get the privileges I was happy with.
So, could
you do me a favor? Please rethink your phrase "Morse Code Haters."
I don't
think most of us feel that strongly about it.

Kim W5TIT

I'm sorry.....knowing full well she has me deep sixed, I just have
to comment.....

What the heck is SCTV? Is that a TV show? Or maybe she means
Slow Scan TV?? SSTV.......Hmmmmm.

Then...."APRS if that can be considered digital".

Amazing.....and she has a license?

Amazing.

Dan/W4NTI