Old July 1st 05, 04:07 AM
jvm

"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote

and a special place with the Sears catalog.

Those shiny pages were hell! Always loved it when mom bought a couple
lugs of peaches for canning. Those tissue-like wrappings were a wonder to
use. Always thought that in heaven all the outhouses must be equipped
with peach wrappers year-round, even when peaches were out of season.
(Maybe peaches are always "in season" in heaven?)

Winters were the most interesting...with the feather beds and pillows and
quilts so thick it would bury my little body so deep I looked like I was
part of the bed.

My wife is a city girl. After we were married we spent some time (in
February) visiting the folks on the farm. First morning it was a wonder
to see her hurrying to get dressed before parts were frozen. Then I asked
her to toss me my shirt and trousers and I demonstrated how to get fully
dressed BEFORE crawling out from under the quilt!

73, de Hans, K0HB

QST magazines serve as excellent toilet paper, which is about the
best use for anything from the ARRL.