Old June 30th 05, 11:37 PM
Alex Clayton

"NeonHomer" wrote in message
I have one of those 800MHz antennas on my Pro95 as well.. I get the
same signal w/ the antenna, or w/o it... or w/o any antenna
whatsoever!!

I found the pro95 works better when you leave the first channel
(channel 0) blank on a bank that is trunked... for some reason it
works a whole lot better.. for me anyway... This is with an EDACS
system, not a Motorola... I haven't tried it w/ moto yet.

I tried that back when I was "experimenting". With no antenna it will not
pick up the 100 and 400 MHz's at all. It will pick up the 800MHz's, but
barely. This is with a Mot. type II, don't know if that makes any
difference. I rarely listen to the 100MHz (County here), but when I do I
found the 800 antenna seems to do just as well as the one that came with the
scanner, even though they (sales people) warned me when I bought the 800
antenna that it would not work with the lower frequencies.
I have noticed that the city police seem to have no better radio reception
with the new system they spent all that money on though. When they were
touting it and justifying the cost that was supposed to be the big deal, it
never turned out that way. They did get the use of a few encrypted channels
though so they can talk to each other without anyone hearing, which I
suspect was the real reason for the change. I think they just did not feel
they would get the Ok to spend the cash if they told the people that's why
they wanted the new system. I am surprised they have not just changed the
main dispatch to the encrypted channels to save them selves the
embarrassment of people hearing a lot of the stuff they do that is great for
a few laughs.
--
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.