Old January 31st 04, 08:22 PM
- - Bill - -

Dave Edwards wrote:

I took a look at that matching Collins speaker. If I apply slight pressure
on the magnet, the sound clears up.
I've had this problem with transistor radios, where the voice coil is not
aligned and the sound goes to heck. I've been able to fix those little 2
inchers by bending them. But this speaker is too big for that.
Any ideas what can be done?
...Dave

I take it that it doesn't have any screws holding the spider to loosen
and recenter the voice coil?

If the spider is glued into place maybe it has come loose. If it hasn't
then you can use an xacto knife to slit around the perimeter to free it.
Then you can recenter the coil and glue it back down.

Sometime you get lucky and this works easily :-)

-Bill