Old July 1st 05, 06:44 PM

From: on Jul 1, 12:23 pm

wrote:
I thought it might be neat to get a ham license
in addition to the Commercial First 'Phone of 1956. Got up to
8 or 9 WPM and wondered what the hell I was wasting all that time
for?

Thank you for confirming something I have suspected for a long time
now, Len.

What...you've NEVER seen my statement BEFORE? :-)

Do the math. 1959 was how long ago? FORTY-SIX years.

Let's see...in 1959 I was three years from leaving a MAJOR
HF communications complex, a part of ACAN that had existed
since 1942 and had changed its name to STARCOM. Worldwide
network of HF stations...running TTY and Voice...NO "CW."
Big Time in HF.

So, I'm supposed to get into the "cutting edge of amateur
technology" by LEARNING/TESTING FOR RADIOTELEGRAPHY?!?!?

Wow...talk about being BRAIN DEAD in PA!

And now..."you've JUST suspected it?" :-) :-) :-)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

[to use a message device beloved by your buddie, the TN
Talibanian...who does that frequently]

Class D CB was a year old back in 1959, I had a nice,
conversion-finished Austin-Healey sports car in Greater L.A.
which then had a population of about 6 million and was
considered to be the aerospace capital of the USA doing high-
tech electronics, was seriously considering changing my
major from illustration to engineering...and I was "supposed"
to be REGRESSING TO RADIOTELEGRAPHY in order to show
"dedication and committment to the ham community"?!?!?!?!?

Wow, yeah, I could "get my very own radio station" and get
"my very own callsign" as a radio amateur!!! I was already
a professional in radio-electronics and had spent three full
years doing HF radio communications in the military. Ptui.
I went to Henry Radio in L.A. and bought a Johnson Viking
Messenger CB that year. Worked great in the aluminum-body
Austin-Healey. Got my "very own callsign" (11W3725)...
BWAHAHAHAH...as if that 'meant' anything.

GAVE UP any thought of "showing dedication and committment
to some amateur community" by learning RADIOTELEGRAPHY as
"cutting-edge technology" in 1959. I should learn morse
just to "talk to the rest of the world?" Been there, done
that 24/7 already.

...and you "just suspected it!" Just HOW LONG does it take
to close the synapses in your mind, whiz kid?

By the way, how many children have you parented?