Old February 1st 04, 03:38 AM
JOE

I have minimal closet space. If the item fell on me I'd have two
choices. Rehawk it on ebay or build it and use it.
Just storing it in a box wouldn't do me any good,

I was once in the home of a ham who collected unbuilt Heathkits,
and what a sad sight indeed. He had over 50 (FIFTY) of them,
all neatly stacked in a single row against a wall in his 'radio room'
(box room???) - just a wall of brown boxes.

What am I missing? What in the hell fun is that? Or is it just about
dollar value, and that's what makes these folks see 'beauty'? Like
having a large pile of stock certificates and taking them out late at
night with a brandy and leafing through them for 'fun'.

So needless to say, I'd build it. I bought a GR-64 on Ebay for $275
two years ago, and had a wonderful month spent building it making
it work. I still have it, and even if you offered my $35 I still wouldn't
sell it :-)

JOE