Old July 1st 05, 11:02 PM
Dee Flint

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
nk.net...
wrote:

Made about 170 CW contacts, all on 80 and 40 meters. With the bonuses,
should be good for just over 2000 points.

Low-key this year, lots of other things going on, had fun and already
planning next year. My first FD was 1968 - don't think I've mised one
since.

I was traveling on Saturday but I spent some late night hours on CW at
K4CO, 3A, KY--the Northern Kentucky Amateur Radio Club's site at Taylor
Mill, South of Covington in Kenton County.

Dave K8MN

Don't know if I talked about Field Day yet or not but here goes anyway.

One of our participants got a new personal best for Field Day of 1000
contacts. Our VHF station got 89 contacts from Michigan to Texas and
Florida due to a nice 6m band opening Saturday night, which for our club is
probably the best that we've ever had. Our club cook did his usual
outstanding job. Every year he plans out and takes care of everything for a
pack of busy hams. Our Field Day site stayed dry but there were
thunderstorms in the general area. So when I took a try at putting messages
into the NTS (something new for me), we were battling tremendous static on
80m in our area. I did manage to get 4 messages submitted but they closed
the traffic net early due to the static. Now I have a backlog of messages
to work off from the group that I collected at work.

A number of club members were impressed with the VHF contacts that we made.

We had wickedly hot weather here for the Field Day. So that cut the
attendance some. Many people who normally attend ended up having to work
this year on the weekend. That cut the attendance some more. But all in
all it was a fine Field Day.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE