Old July 1st 05, 11:58 PM
an_old_friend

Dee Flint wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

Michael Coslo wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

[snip]

People who read into that that I am somehow prejudiced against the
Tech's have an active imagination.

BTW active imaginations are somehting that the ARS needs more of.
Personaly I thank you for the compliment.

However you thinking that tell Techs again what they already know isn't
insulting, and insulting someone becuase of their lisense class is
showing a prejudice against the members of the class

And how do you know that the Techs remember everything that they have ever
learned? That ability would give them superhuman powers that no other class
of hams has ever had.

Never made that claim, so the rest of the para is garbage

but ALL techs know that HF and it's current required Morse allow for
easier long distance comms than VHF , we are told over and over again.

No one can remember everything they've learned, studied, practiced. This
last Field Day was an example. I was operating the VHF station and
explaining to Extras how it was possible to have propagation from Michigan
to south Texas on 6 meters and 2 meters. Now, they studied this along their
licensing path but without having used it, they have forgotten. Is it
condescending to answer questions? I don't think so.

In the case you describe it might or might be condesending. It is
emabarishing to the ARS that extras class operators don't know that,
your question is also unrelated to the topic at hand

A tech may not know ether say 10 m can support a QSO from Michigan to S
texas but he knows that some HF will likely do so

All that I do is answer questions that they ask and make myself readily
accessible for them to ask questions. For those areas outside my areas of
expertise, I send them to some one who does know. None of us goes around
trying to force feed them.

depending on the US in the above the statement may or may not be
truthful

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE