Old July 2nd 05, 05:00 AM
Frank

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'd like to ask 3 questions:

1. Is this the main NEC users forum ? I recently tried the NEC mailing
list but is didn't seem to be operational.

2. Which modelling programs are considered state of the art in terms of
wire antenna modelling ? Is it NEC 4 ?

3. We have been using wire grids to model antennas on structures. When
I mentioned this to a non antenna modelling colleague he thought that
using a wire grid "could't be right". Now, wire grids provide a
representation of a solid surface. These types of questions can be
challenging and deserve an answer.

So, which modelling programs are considered state of the art in terms
of modelling the infuence of structures on antenna performance ?

Thanks,

Michael.

1. Some people here are familiar with NEC, though most seem to use EZNEC.

2. I would sure like to get NEC 4, but it is a bit expensive.

3. Wire grid models can adequately describe solid surfaces, providing NEC's
guidelines for such models are followed.

4.As for state of the art there are at least two FEM programs available.
One is HFSS from www.ansoft.com

Regards,

Frank