Old February 1st 04, 09:36 PM
Dan/W4NTI

" Tuuk" wrote in message
news
Hi, I have the Kenwood TS-700A, 2m rig, I had a problem with the power

cord,
got bitten to pieces.
Does anyone know the proper pin requirement? Which of the four pins is to
line up with the black, gnd and neutral? I am using it on 120v only but

has
the option for 220.
There are two horizontal pins, two vertical. Any help would be

appreciated.

Thanks

Pin 1 and 2 is for 115vac. To confirm you could put your ohmeter across the
pins 1 and 2 and turn unit on with the front panel switch. You should then
read the primary of the transformer. Low ohms through the fuse.

Pin 3 and 4 is for 13.8vdc. With pin 3 being positive.

Dan/W4NTI