Old July 2nd 05, 11:13 PM
Roy Lewallen

Years ago, Wahl (the hair clipper company) made one that was small,
lightweight, quite well made, and one that should suit your purpose very
well. You might check to see if they still make it.

I wanted a portable iron for outdoor soldering but it didn't have enough
moxie for outdoor antenna work. A butane iron is much better for that
purpose.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

m005kennedy wrote:
I usually do a small amout of soldering at once. I was thinking of
getting a recharable soldering iron just for the convience factor. I
was hoping to get a brand and supplier recomendation. I've seen them
for around $60. I would think they would be fine for QRP type
construction.

Mike
KB1IUI